Mattel has revealed 3 new fashion dolls inspired by the film’s original concept art, Star Wars X Barbie Collection. re-imagines Princess Leia Organa, R2-D2 and Darth Vader through a distinctive Barbie high-fashion filter.
- The Star Wars x Barbie collaboration is an homage to Star Wars: A New Hope.
- This eponymous collection, inspired by the film’s original concept art, re-imagines iconic characters through a distinctive Barbie high-fashion filter.
- This collectible Star Wars x Barbie doll captures Darth Vader’s Sith armor silhouette in head-to-toe black. She wears a shiny-black peplum top, panelled pencil skirt and knee-high boots.
- Metallic details at her collar and waist, dark glasses and a long, black cape finish the look.
- Star Wars Darth Vader x Barbie Doll includes a Star Wars doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity.
From the fantasy novel series that has been remade into several anime and games since it began in 1988, “Record of Lodoss War”, comes a 1/20 scale plastic model of the heroine Deedlit! She has been faithfully recreated in plastic model form with a high level of detail.
- Using the 5 different colored runners, Deedlit can easily be recreated just by putting the model kit together.
- Decals for her eyes and circlet are included.
- Plastic model nippers and glue (sold separately) are required to build this product.
Mattel has announced its latest Barbie doll: one dressed as David Bowie’s iconic alter ego Ziggy Stardust.
Complete with red boots to match a backcombed mane of hair and a striped jumpsuit, plus some cosmic accessories and face paint, Barbie replicates the look of Bowie’s messenger from the stars – though her usual pleasant smile doesn’t quite match the intense stare usually associated with the character.
A new limited edition doll pays homage to rock legend David Bowie’s 1970s alter ego, Ziggy Stardust, and comes ahead of the 50th anniversary of the release of Bowie’s hit song, “Space Oddity.”
Mattel said: “In a definitive celebration of two pop culture icons, Barbie honours the ultimate pop chameleon, English singer, songwriter and actor David Bowie, whose dramatic musical transformations continue to influence and inspire.
“This collectible Barbie doll honours the cultural legacy of the musical genius who redefined rock and roll … Colours and decoration may vary.”
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker releases in December, and as we get closer more and more designs and characters will be revealed. Starting with SDCC next week apparently. A new Stormtrooper design, dubbed the Sith Trooper, will make their grand entrance at the big show next week in toy form. Hasbro, Funko, Hot Toys, Loungefly, Topps, and more will all have the new design for sale, and expect them all to go fast.
Super7, makers of collectible toys and apparel, heads to the funny pages with the debut of its new Peanuts collection at SDCC. Known for taking well loved entertainment properties from the past and putting a new, modern spin on them, Super7 has done it again with the beloved comic strip Peanuts and focusing on the more stylized 1950’s characters from the launch of the strip.
This collection’s signature piece, the Good Ol’ Charlie Brown 3.75” ReAction Figure showcases Charlie Brown as he appeared in the very first Peanuts newspaper strip from October 2nd, 1950. Standing by Good Ol’ Charlie Brown’s side will be a life-size 16” Snoopy vinyl figure featuring a teasing Snoopy, complete with a removable Charlie Brown Mask and fabric shirt, as he was seen in the October 28, 1953 strip. Six additional 3.75” ReAction figures join in on the fun, including Cowboy Charlie Brown, Racoon Hat Snoopy, PJ Sally, Baseball Schroeder, Pirate Linus and Winter Lucy.